Saturday, December 11, 2010

Best book club discussions yet!

Last night was probably the best book club meeting yet. We met to discuss the sex-scandal themed book, Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner. Although, it was not a book I loved by any means, I absolutely loved the conversation this book brought out in everyone as it seemed 1/2 the book clubbers loved the book and 1/2 the book clubbers hated the book. There seemed to be no middle ground and I think this polarity made for the most spirited book club yet. The conversations around woman, their relationship to the men in their lives, the mother/daughter dynamic, sex, perceptions people have of each other and judgments we all make were very interesting.
My thanks to Christy Yeaman for hosting a wonderful book club meeting. The food, wine and treats were delicious. I really appreciated all your hard work for arranging. I know everyone had a wonderful time. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment